Best Keto Protein Powder For 2020 – Our Reviews and Comparisons
Ketosis Revival may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
If you are living a keto lifestyle, which means foods that are high in fats and protein, and very low in carbs, you probably want to have some quality protein powder in your kitchen cabinets at all times. Protein powder, when added to a shake or other foods, can give you the boost of energy and high protein levels you need to maintain ketosis. That means that your body will become accustomed to burning fat for calories. To make sure that you continue to build muscles while maintaining ketosis, you need plenty of protein. We have compiled a list of the five best protein powders, to make it easy for you to integrate protein foods into your diet.
Related Article: Best Keto Protein Bars For 2020 – Our Reviews and Comparisons
|1. Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard
|2. Isopure Zero Carb
|3. Dr. Formulated Keto Meal
|4. Dr. Formulated Keto Organic MCT Powder
|5. Orgain Organic Protein
Our Best Keto Protein Powder Reviews and Comparisons
1. Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate Flavo
Whey powder is the ideal source for protein powders, and an easy way to make sure you are getting the protein you need; especially if you are exercising a lot, and weight lifting. It tastes great, contains no banned substances, and is easy to use.
- This gold standard 100% Whey blend includes 24g of blended proteins including whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass.
- Over 5g of naturally occurring BCAAs, which helps to build lean and strong muscles, as well as 3-4g carbs, 1-3g sugar, and 1-1.5g fat.
- This formula is gluten-free and contains no sucralose. It is instantized, which improves mixability and prevents lumps and clumping.
What We Like About Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate Flavo
This product has been tested for banned substances and cleared, to save unwanted effects and attention for pros. It comes in many good tasting flavors, to make it easy for you to supplement your protein in a healthy way. You can use this product before or after exercising, or any time of day. It is the highest awarded, best-selling whey protein powder in the world.
What We Don’t Like About Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate Flavo
Read the labels because some flavors contain sucralose, which can cause diarrhea. Some are not tasty. Double chocolate does not contain sucralose. Some customers buy these powders in hopes that they will heal from meniscus and rotator cuff tears. This a great supplement, but do not expect it to heal such physical injuries, that generally require surgery to heal.
- Great tasting
- Non clumping
- High in proteins
- Easy to use
- Watch out for sucralose, it can cause diarrhea
- Some flavors are extremely sweet. If you don’t like the sweetness level we recommend sticking with the double chocolate
2. Isopure Zero Carb, Keto Friendly Protein Powder, 100% Whey Protein Isolate, Unflavored
This product supports your active lifestyle. It can be used post-workout, between meals, along with a healthy breakfast, or any time of the day. The whey protein isolate supports your weight management goals by providing 100-110 calories per serving. For unflavored protein powder, we highly recommend this product.
- 100 percent whey protein isolate – a high quality protein source providing 25g per serving to support muscle
- Zero carbs to help manage calorie intake
- This protein powder supports ketogenic macros
- Gluten and lactose free
What We Like About Isopure Zero Carb, Keto Friendly Protein Powder, 100% Whey Protein Isolate, Unflavored
This product is low in calories and high in protein, making it a perfect addition to your keto diet. The flavors of the rest of the ingredients in your shake will shine through. This will be a welcome addition since it is unflavored you can mix it with other foods when you want to spice up your protein portions.
What We Don’t Like About Isopure Zero Carb, Keto Friendly Protein Powder, 100% Whey Protein Isolate, Unflavored
There have been mixed reviews where some complaints about clumping, while others give glowing reviews.
- No flavor makes it perfect for baking, or even to add to coffee!
- High in whey protein
- Easy to use
- No flavor means you will have to get your flavor from other food sources
- May clump
3. Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto Meal Balanced Shake, Chocolate Powder
This is more than just a protein powder. It is a balanced keto meal. Containing just the right amounts of fat, protein, and carbs to make keeping the keto diet as easy as can be. For those times when you don’t have time to think about your diet, you can make this instant shake, and know that you are eating the right food combinations to sustain ketosis and the fat keeps on burning.
- This Keto balanced meal replacement shake contains 70% fat from quality organic grass-fed butter with CLA & MCT. The 23% protein found in this shake comes from grass-fed whey protein.
- Additional benefits found in this product are 1.5 Billion CFU Probiotics and prebiotic fiber for easy digestion. You will not find rBST or rBGH. It is also antibiotic-free.
- With 7% carbs, that tops off making this product certified Keto-friendly, as well as non-GMO Project verified, NSF Gluten-Free and certified Paleo friendly
What We Like About Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto Meal Balanced Shake, Chocolate Powder
An easy to use, gluten-free shake that keeps your ketosis running, even if you don’t have time to devote to meals. It’s a perfect keto solution when you are on the go, or in a setting where you are not sure what to eat.
What We Don’t Like About Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto Meal Balanced Shake, Chocolate Powder
Unlike the other protein powders featured in this article, this shake is already made to have a high-fat content, in addition to the recommended protein content for ketosis. That makes it less versatile than pure protein powders, and suitable only for use as a prepared shake.
- Easiest keto meal ever
- Good tasting
- No brainer and good for travel and restaurants
- Few choices to add this product to other shakes and foods
- Limited options to add other ingredients to your shake
4. Garden of Life’s Dr. Formulated Keto Organic MCT Powder
This MCT powder is well known as a supplement that contains plenty of fat and protein to help your body stay in ketosis, aiding in weight loss. The formula is enhanced with 6g MCTs that comes from coconuts. It contains prebiotic and prebiotic fibers. It is certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Keto Certified & Certified Paleo, Certified Vegan, and NSF Gluten Free.
- This top of the line MCT powder contains organic Acacia prebiotic fiber (0g net carbs) plus 1.5 billion CFU probiotics to support digestion.
- There are no palm oil, fillers or hexane found in this product.
What We Like About Garden of Life’s Dr. Formulated Keto Organic MCT Powder
This Keto Organic MCT Powder by Garden of Life is readily absorbed in the body so it quickly creates fuel for body & brain. Its prebiotic and probiotic formula supports the body in maintaining optimal digestive health.
What We Don’t Like About Garden of Life’s Dr. Formulated Keto Organic MCT Powder
Compared to other shakes this product is relatively high in carbs. It does not always optimize the feeling of fullness that is desired to achieve to curb one’s appetite.
- All natural, healthy ingredients
- Easy to use
- One of the best protein sources for keto diets
5. Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean
Many wonder whether a keto diet is compatible with a vegetarian, or vegan diet, due to the high protein levels needed to sustain ketosis. Despite the fact that many rely on animal proteins and dairy products for a ketogenic diet, it is possible to sustain ketosis through plants alone. This requires a good protein source, that doesn’t add a lot of carbs to your diet. This product is our recommendation for a plant-based source of protein. It is one of the best, plants based, keto-friendly protein powders out there.
- You will benefit from 21g of organic plant-based protein that is made with peas, brown rice and chia seeds. There is include 5g of organic dietary fiber, 5g of net carbs, 0g of sugar and 150 calories per serving.
- This product meets all standards including USDA organic, vegan and low net carbs. It is non-dairy, gluten-free and lactose-free. There is no sugar, soy, carrageenan, artificial ingredients or GMOs, and it is Kosher.
What We Like About Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean
Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. A great meal replacement and smoothie boosters. This product promotes lean muscle, muscle recovery – pre or post-workout. This product can be mixed with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Add to cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies for a protein and energy boost.
What We Don’t Like About Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean
There are mixed reviews about the tastiness of this product. It is not ideal as a stand-alone product. You may need to dress it up to make it taste good by adding it to recipes and shakes.
- Clean product
- Keto friendly protein and fat sourcere3
- Not so tasty
If you are looking to add keto-friendly protein powder to your diet, we have offered the best of all worlds. Whether you need a tasty stand-alone protein powder that is a ready-made keto-friendly treat or a keto source to add to your cooking and baking. Remember you also have the vegan option for those relying on a plant-based protein source. You can’t go wrong with this product.